“Pink Palace” by Brandon Buckner CC 2.0
Fall is officially here! That means it’s time for fall adventures! Here at Jellystone Park™, we are fortunate enough to be centrally located to many nearby attractions – perfect for those looking to explore! Many know that Memphis, TN is known for Graceland, the Memphis Zoo, and rich musical heritage; but we are going to introduce you to 7 wonders of Memphis – the Pink Palace Family of Museums.
The Pink Palace Family of Museums is a group of museums, displaying collections of historic, educational and technological significance. The 7 facilities within the Family of Museums include:
- Pink Palace Museum– View a replica of the first grocery store, Piggly Wiggly, the Pink Mansion, exhibits on dinosaurs, cultural and natural history of the mid-south, and the Pink Palace of the Future.
- CTI 3D Giant Theater– This theater located at the Pink Palace uses RealD 3D digital, provided by D3D. The giant screen provides amazing quality images for guests. Interested in visiting the 3D theater, check out the movie schedule here.
- Autozone Dome at the Sharpe Planetarium– Come watch stunning interatctive shows of the universe in the Sharpe Planetarium. View upcoming shows here.
- Lighterman Nature Center– Visitors can enjoy nature with both indoor and outdoor facilities. Partake in nature walks, wildlife programs, plant sales, festivals and many other entertaining activities.
- Coon Creek Science Center– Visit this science center and fossil finding site and view one of the most important fossil sites in all of North America.
- Mallory-Neely Historic House– This historic house is listed on the National Registar of Historic Places and is located in the Victorian Village Historic District. The house retains all of the original historic interiors, furniture, and artifacts almost exclusively.
- Magevney Historic House– This historic residence is also located in the Victorian Village Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is one of the oldest residences remaining in Memphis.
If you are looking for an adventure packed full of entertainment, make sure to check out the “7 Wonders of Memphis” at the Pink Palace Family of Museums. All 7 facilities within the Pink Palace Family of Museums are a great option for a day trip while staying at Memphis Jellystone Park™!